Monday, September 17, 2012

Less work, but fools google

So, I'm switching back and forth between languages on the same blog. Makes it easier to maintain just one blog instead of 3, 4 or more with the same content but in different languages (like I do for Solaris Desktop.

Having said that, it will not work with google translate, this way. Sorry for english readers, Google thinks the whole blog is in english, so you wont be able to use the translate widget I added for the whole blog. In fact, I tried the blogger translate widget too, but it will not offer english at all. So I thought I'd be clever, and add this:

<script src="http://www.gmodules.com/ig/ifr?url=http://www.google.com/ig/modules/translatemypage.xml&up_source_language=auto&w=160&h=60&title=&border=&output=js"></script>

The key here is source_language = auto. Unfortunately it complains the page is already in english...

To get around this, just select a specific article so that only one language is showing up on the page, and then you can use the translate tool.

No comments: