Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Crushed under the load?

Sometimes you take access to some online ressources for granted.

Twitter

From time to time, trying to access twitter, I get an error message stating that their servers are over capacity. There was an image accompanying that:

I'll say...

Raspberrypi.org

And this morning, it is the raspberry pi foundation web site that is telling me:

Error establishing a database connection

And the raspberry pi forum is even more verbose on the error:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Too many connections [1040]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.

On and Offline

That is why I dont like stuff that is only online. I'm in the middle of a demo, and there you go, it is down. Oh, and I'm not picking on the above two, it has happened to *everybody* at some point, and always in the middle of a demo!

So I tend to make sure I have everything on my laptop when I do a demo. And that I have a backup.

PDF and Epub?


So perhaps I should make my blog also available as a PDF or Epub, what do you think?

No comments: